What will you do if you find your baby has Eczema?
As parent, we will become anxious if we see the baby has Eczema. Most of us want to know to treat baby very well as soon as possible.
First of all, we need to know some basic information abut Baby Eczema. Eczema (also called Atopic dermatitis or Atopic Eczema), is a skin rash that usually appears before age 5. Baby Eczema can look a little scary when the red, crusty patches show up on your baby's skin, often during their first few months. Though baby eczema is common, it's very treatable, and many infants outgrow it.
Secondly, if we find the baby has Eczema, we need to keep the baby's skin to be cool and comfortable, and avoid overheating. Make sure the room temperature is comfortable, and don't have the baby to wear too many clothing.
Baby Eczema local daily care also includes:
1. Comfortable temperature water for bath, avoid overheating;
2. When bathing the baby, make sure that the bath supplies (like shampoo and bath gel) doesn't contain any saponaria; use the dry towel to absorb the wet instead of wiping. And use the moisture cream after dry. Don't forget to changing the clean bath towel each time. Washing the towel and hung to dry in the sun.
3. The baby clothing need to be 100% cotton, very soft and comfortable
4. Keep baby'skin moisturized, use fragrance-free and non-irritating moisturizing cream for baby, like Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream; This would be very helpful. Use the moisturizing cream as many as possible and at least two times everyday. The moisturizing cream could be used for the face and whole body.
5. Avoiding the environmental allergens and food allergens which might cause baby eczema. If we find the baby eczema is caused by Allergens, parents need to observe the daily stuffs and environmental very carefully, check the each possible, especially after the baby start to add food supplement in future).
Normally, the baby eczema would be treatable after above care. But if the baby eczema is still serious and even affect the baby's sleep, it is recommended that you take your baby to the Pediatric hospital or dermatology department to get further help. The attending physician may treat baby with hormone ointment in some low concentrations (such as 0.5% Hydrocortisone Cream). The hormone ointment with low concentrations could be used for baby occasionally, this would not cause serious further serious skin problems. Please do obey the doctors' advice strictly.
In general, Baby's skin problem is every parents are concerned about, and eczema is one of very common skin problems Baby might have. Baby Eczema usually can not be cured completely, but it can be controlled by changing both parents and baby's daily habits and take the medical care when necessary. In addition, most babies who has eczema, the eczema symptom would be improved slowly or even disappear when baby is grown up.
Please do avoid excessive worry about Baby Eczema and take care your baby.